MITCHELL CO., GA (WALB) - Emergency crews airlifted one child to Shands Hospital in Gainesville after she received severe burns by grease, according to authorities.
The call came in around 11 a.m. Saturday morning in Mitchell County.
The child's great uncle said that her father was cooking them lunch, when she grabbed the pan handle from the stove. The father also received third degree burns.
The great uncle, Terry Harrell said that the 20-month-old is named Aubree Harrell and her father is named Brandon Harrell.
Aubree has third degree burns on her chest, arm, shoulder, and back. She is facing skin grafts and will remain in the hospital for 3 or more weeks, according to Terry Harrell. He also said she is in critical condition. The father's condition is unknown at this time.
WALB News 10 is working to gather additional information.