LEE CO., GA (WALB) - An air conditioner repair worker came across a startling sight while on a call - a snake coiled up inside of a unit.
Ralph Craven with Leesburg Heating and Cooling discovered the creature at a home on Lovers Lane Tuesday morning.
The homeowner said the unit had just stopped working. Craven learned the snake crawled up into the unit and coiled around the electronics inside.
The snake, which was determined to be an Oak Snake, was dead when he discovered it.
Oak Snakes are not venomous, and all indigenous, nonvenomous snakes are illegal to kill or capture in the state of Georgia.
Craven said he sees snakes in places like this about 15 times per year on the job, but said he encounters other animals too.