Neighbor saves family from house fire

Neighbor saves family from house fire

THOMASVILLE, GA (WALB) - Wanda Thomas saw lights in the dark of Wednesday night, and realized that her Wright Street neighbor's house was on fire.

At 2:00 in the morning, she ran next door and rousted Lillie Mae Brown, who is 93, and her 64 year old son Albert Brown

Thomas rushed into the house, and helped them get out. And it wasn't a moment too soon-- Albert's pants were on fire.

He was flown to the Augusta Burn Center with third degree burns. 

Lillie Mae is okay.

The Browns and the Thomases have been neighbors for 50 years.

Copyright  2015 WALB.  All rights reserved.