Pet dies in Dougherty Co. fire - WALB.com, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

Pet dies in Dougherty Co. fire

DOUGHERTY CO., GA (WALB) -

Firefighters battled a fire in a Dougherty County home that killed a pet Friday afternoon.

Firefighters said an electrical problem in a plug in a back room started the fire on Gravel Hill Road.

Kids in the neighborhood spotted the smoke about 2:30 at Charles Bowling's home.

No one was home at the time.

A german sheppard was killed, and firefighters say a large burmese python was missing.

The home sustained some fire and heavy smoke damage in the back room, and moderate smoke damage throughout the house.

Copyright 2015 WALB. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly