BBQ restaurant smoked up by fire - WALB.com, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

BBQ restaurant smoked up by fire

LEE CO., GA (WALB) - Lee County fire fighters responded to a small fire at Meat Slanger's Barbeque on US 19 in Lee County at 8:20 Tuesday morning.

The damage, mostly smoke, was confined to the front of the building. 

It was blamed on an electrical shortage in the neon pig sign on the front of the building.

"We've helped the owners ventilate the structure to get the smoke out, but it seems limited to the front of the structure," said Asst. Lee County Fire Chief James Weaver.

Workers cleaned up quickly and were able to open the restaurant on time today.

Three trucks responded, and the fire was quickly extinguished.



Copyright  2015 WALB.  All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly