Fire burns through Valdosta duplex - WALB.com, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

Fire burns through Valdosta duplex

VALDOSTA, GA (WALB) -

Unattended cooking was being blamed Friday for a fire that displaced a mother and two children in Valdosta.

The fire broke out in the kitchen of unit B at 2129 Houston Ave. around 12:45 Friday afternoon. Firefighters found a pot in the oven, and the resident said she had been gone for about 20 minutes prior to the fire breaking out.

According to the fire department, the stove and refrigerator were completely destroyed and the entire unit received heavy smoke damage.

The Red Cross was assisting the family.

No one was hurt.

Copyright 2015 WALB. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly