Early morning fire ruled accidental - WALB.com, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

Early morning fire ruled accidental

Early morning fire at Environmental Testing Laboratories was ruled an accident. Early morning fire at Environmental Testing Laboratories was ruled an accident.
Fire started in warehouse. Fire started in warehouse.
Fire Marshal Tim Connell Fire Marshal Tim Connell
Thomasville Fire Rescue Thomasville Fire Rescue
THOMASVILLE, GA (WALB) -  Investigators said a fire at a Thomasville business early Wednesday morning was an accident.

Thomasville firefighters arrived at Environmental Testing Laboratories on West Walcott Street around 5:55 a.m. 

The State Fire Marshal's Office investigator said the flames started from an extension cord that shorted out. 

Chemicals in the lab caused firefighters to use extra caution. 

Thomasville Fire Marshal Tim Connell said, “Hexon is a highly flammable gas, so we're having to protect the hexon and where it's stored. And hydrochloric acid is, of course, and acid.  So we can't just go in there and start moving stuff as we normally do in a fire.”

The business did not sustain major structural damage and no one was hurt. 

Copyright  2015 WALB.  All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly