House fire blamed on faulty wiring - WALB.com, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

House fire blamed on faulty wiring

VALDOSTA, GA (WALB) -

The Valdosta Fire Department is blaming faulty wiring for starting a house fire early Thursday morning

The fire broke out around 4:30 a.m. at 132 Kinchen Ln. in a utility room off of the kitchen. The home is a rental property and no one is currently living there. 

Valdosta Fire Marshal Cpt. James Clinkscales said the fire was contained to the back half of the home, but the rest of the home did suffer heavy smoke damage. "We're trackin' wiring and seein' that it was caused by electrical. We don't know to what extent, but it was electrical," said Cpt. Clinkscales.

No one was hurt.

Thursday afternoon, the fire department was still working to track down the property's owner.

Copyright 2015 WALB. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly