Clothes set on fire inside TJ Maxx -, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

Clothes set on fire inside TJ Maxx

James Clinkscales James Clinkscales

Investigators with the Valdosta Fire Department were trying to figure out Monday who intentionally set clothes on fire inside a department store.

Just before 6:30 Sunday evening, a customer inside the TJ Maxx on St. Augustine Rd. noticed some clothes on fire on a rack and alerted store employees.

Employees were able to put out the fire before firefighters arrived, and, as of Monday, investigators were hoping surveillance video would help identify the culprit.

"[Thanks] to the quick thinking of their employees, they were able to notice the flames and they got extinguishers and they have, also, got water. They were able to extinguish the fire before it got any further damage," said Valdosta Fire Marshal Cpt. James Clinkscales.

No one was hurt. Damage is estimated at around $200.

If you were in the store at the time, or have any information, call the Valdosta Fire Department at (229) 333-1835.

Copyright 2015 WALB. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly