3 displaced after Albany apartment fire - WALB.com, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

3 displaced after Albany apartment fire

An overnight fire leaves a woman, her daughter and a child displaced.

Albany Fire Department said fire broke out at an apartment complex at 1900 W. Gordon Ave. It happened  in one of the downstairs units, around 2:32 a.m  Sunday morning.

A mother, daughter and a child were inside at the time.

Fire officials believe the fire started by food being left on the stove in the kitchen.

The daughter and 4-year-old child made it out safely. The mother jumped out the front window with some cuts to her hands, but she is okay.

Family is staying with family members. The fire remains under investigation.

Powered by Frankly