Electrical fire claims home Albany - WALB.com, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

Electrical fire claims home Albany

ALBANY, GA (WALB) - Old wires in an East Albany home caused an early morning fire. Firefighters responded to 119 Thornton Avenue just after 3:00 Wednesday morning.

A fire investigator says the fire started in a utility closet near the hot water heater.

Accidental fires like this serve as a great reminder to stay on top of your insurance.

"Unfortunately there are times when people let their insurance lapse and then they have a fire, and the most critical thing I can tell anyone is make sure your insurance is up to date," said Albany Fire Investigator Sam Harris.

The home is a rental property that was under renovation. No one was injured in the blaze.



Copyright  2015 WALB.  All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly