Fire rips through Worth Co. home

Fire rips through Worth Co. home

WORTH CO., GA (WALB) - A single mother is sifting through what's left of her home, after a fire badly damaged the rental home she was living in.

Kathy Jolly and her two sons have been staying in an Albany hotel, provided by the Red Cross, since the Sunday morning fire at 5417 Worthy Street.

The fire started in the living room and is believed to be electrical.

Jolly says they did not have renters insurance and she lost everything she's worked for. She recently bought all new furniture with her tax refund, which is now destroyed.

She's also in need of clothing for her 8-year-old and 14-year-old sons. If you can help, call her at 229-462-1327.

You can also donate at

Copyright 2015 WALB. All rights reserved.