AFD: dryer starts house fire - WALB.com, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

AFD: dryer starts house fire

ALBANY, GA (WALB) - Three people have temporarily been displaced after a fire broke out in their home early Monday morning in Albany.

It happened on the 900 block of West 1st St., heavy smoke was seen billowing out the house. Firefighters say the fire started in the laundry room, according to the resident the dryer was left on. The kitchen also received heat and smoke damage.

No injuries were reported, the residents are not able to enter back into the home until fire officials finish conducting their investigation.

Copyright 2015 WALB.  All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly