Woman killed in Fitzgerald fire - WALB.com, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

Woman killed in Fitzgerald fire


A kitchen fire claimed the life of a woman in Fitzgerald about 1:00 Wednesday morning.

Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner Ralph Hudgens has ruled that mobile home fire to be accidental.

Shirley Ann Ford, 60, died in the fire at 105 Cato St., Fitzgerald.

State fire investigators have determined that unattended food cooking on the stove started the blaze.

Commissioner Hudgens said the residence did not have a smoke alarm.

Copyright  2015 WALB.  All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly