VALDOSTA, GA (WALB) - Around 11 p.m. Friday, several people were gathered around a bonfire in the 3900 block of Nelson Hill Pl. when someone used gasoline to try to stoke the fire.
Three people were seriously burned.
Valdosta Fire Marshall James Clinkscales said Monday that flammable liquids should never be used on fires at any time. "Try to use dry wood products. Use twigs, you can use newspaper to get it started, get it going; small things. We also try to tell people to not build a fire of large capacity," Cpt. Clinkscales emphasized.