LOWNDES CO., GA (WALB) - South Georgia Medical Center Emergency Services responded to a reported explosion last night in Lowndes County.
Lowndes County Sheriff's Deputies along with firefighters arrived at the 3900 block of Nelson Hill Place around 11 p.m.
Residents said they heard an explosion from a possible bonfire.
Firefighters have confirmed that it was not an explosion, but a flash of fire that burned several victims.
Deputies believe the flash occurred after people poured gasoline on a bonfire.
Firefighters helped to clear a landing zone for a burn victim to be life flighted from the scene.
EMS has not confirmed the number of victims and the extent of injuries.