ALBANY, GA (WALB) - The Albany Fire Department has confirmed that they responded to a fire Sunday morning on West Roosevelt.
Albany Fire said that firefighters were heading to the station to file an incident report when they noticed smoke at Care Transportation located at 629 W. Roosevelt. Once fire crews got into the body shop, they noticed a van was on fire.
There were several vans in the building and they had to work fast to keep the fire from spreading. The Albany Fire Department received the call around 10:04 a.m.
"That place, if it hadn't got a headstart, with that fire load, they had about 25 to 30 vans and vehicles inside, we would have probably been there all night. All day, all nighter," said Battalion Chief Matthew Jefferson.
The fire was started by an electrical short in one of the vans.
No one was in the building at the time and no injuries were reported.