Over-heated machine clears out health facility - WALB.com, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

Over-heated machine clears out health facility

ALBANY, GA (WALB) - The Pediatric and Adolescent Center in the 1700 block of East Broad Avenue was evacuated about 11:00 Monday morning, when smoke was detected.

Units from the Albany Fire Department came on to the scene to investigate, and discovered that the electric motor inside a vending machine had over-heated, due to a dust build-up in the fan motor. They disconnected the machine and extinguished the small fire.

Personnel will re-enter the building when officials say it is safe.


Copyright  2015 WALB.  All rights reserved.
Powered by Frankly