Family and friends are raising money for a Worth County Family whose home burned down on New Year's Eve.
A yard sale for 20-year-old Brittany Michaud and her family was held in the Worthit2u parking lot in Sylvester. Michaud's home caught fire after she fell asleep while food was cooking on the stove. She suffered cuts and burns to her face and arms, and spent six days at an Augusta Hospital. The family says they're grateful for the support.
"They've really pulled together," said Lori Michaud, Brittany's Mother. "The businesses here have really helped us and I'm proud of our community."
"I would just like to thank everybody that has donated even prayers, I'd just like to thank everybody," said Brittany Michaud, Fire Victim.
The money will go towards purchasing a new home and car for the family. They'll host another yard sale on March 7th.