Editorial: Be safe from home fires - WALB.com, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

Editorial: Be safe from home fires

Viewpoint Viewpoint
2015 is already turning out to be a busy year for home fires.

Sadly, twin 12 year old brothers died in a fire last week at their Tifton home that did not have a smoke detector. 

Like most fire departments, the Tifton-Tift County Department has detectors they'll install for families in need at no charge.

The Southwest Georgia chapter of the American Red Cross continues its fire preparedness campaign, giving away smoke detectors in Albany.

The organization has also already helped about 60 fire victims and handed out more than $14,000 in assistance this month. They need donations to keep up with the need.

We hope all of this reminds you to make sure you have a working smoke detector in your home. It could save your life.



Copyright  2015 WALB.  All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly