ALBANY, GA (WALB) - Albany firefighters responded to a structure fire on the 1900 block of South Riverview Circle around 1:30 p.m.
Firefighters said a 15-year-old boy and his 1-year-old and 3-year-old brothers were in the home when the fire broke out.
The 15-year-old was cooking on the stove, then left to go check on his 1-year-old brother.
The food on the stove then caught on fire.
Firefighters said the 15-year-old and 1-year-old ran out of the home, forgetting the 3-year-old was still inside.
A neighbor called 911, and ran inside of the home to get the 3-year-old.
The 3-year-old was airlifted to a Macon Hospital, according to Dougherty Co. EMS officials.