Lee County house damaged in fire - WALB.com, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

Lee County house damaged in fire

Chief James Howell Chief James Howell
A Lee County family is sifting through the damage after an early morning fire.

Authorities were called to Chris Allen's home on Clinton Lane around 5 am Wednesday.

Firefighters say flames were shooting from the roof when they arrived on scene. 

Investigators believe the fire started in the dog house behind the home. "The fire originated in the dog house from some electrical heating devices they were using there, caught the dog house on fire first, which was made out of combustible materials, flames spread up to the eve of the house, through the eve and into the attic," said Chief James Howell, with the Lee County Fire Department.

No one was injured. A considerable about of damage was done to the inside of the home.

Officials remind folks not to use heating devices to keep your pets warm, use blankets or straw.

Copyright 2015 WALB.  All rights reserved.
Powered by Frankly