Adelyn Road fire started in kitchen - WALB.com, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

Adelyn Road fire started in kitchen

ALBANY, GA (WALB) - Albany firefighters responded to a blaze that broke out inside a home early Thursday morning.

Fire crews were called to the fire at 210 Adelyn Road in East Albany around 12:15 am.  Firefighters found heavy flames coming from the home but quickly got it under control.

Chief James Carswell said that the cause of the blaze was food left cooking on the stove. It caught fire, and the flames spread to the kitchen area.

The two people who lived there are now homeless.  AFD was able to rescue a dog from the house.  

About half of the home is a total loss.



Copyright 2015 WALB. All rights reserved.
Powered by Frankly