Carbon monoxide detectors necessary in cold weather - WALB.com, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

Carbon monoxide detectors necessary in cold weather

ALBANY, GA (WALB) -

Anyone with gas heat in their home should have a Carbon Monoxide detector.

Four people in Gwinnett County were hospitalized Wednesday after suffering carbon monoxide poisoning in their home.

The gas is called a silent killer because it has no smell to warn you of a problem.

You can choose from a variety of detectors at home improvement stores.

Lowe's has carbon monoxide detectors starting at about $20.

Copyright 2015 WALB. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly