Propane tank explodes at Lee Co. home - WALB.com, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

Propane tank explodes at Lee Co. home

LEE CO., GA (WALB) -

Firefighters are at the scene of a boat house fire after a propane tank exploded, according to crews.

The Lee County Sheriff's Office said a boat house on Alachua Lane was fully engulfed in flames when emergency officials arrived on scene.

Six Lee county fire fighters had to bring hoses down from the street and in full gear including oxygen masks worked to put out the blaze.

The road was blocked to any traffic for a couple hours for safety precautions.

A witness tells WALB news she heard an explosion and then the fire broke out.

Lee County Lt. Coleman Williams said, "We just got the fire extinguished. It started about 2:30 this afternoon. We're really unaware what started it. It will be under investigation."

The boat house is a total loss.

No one was inside at the time and no injuries have been reported.


Copyright 2014 WALB. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly