Fire scare hits kitchen for needy - WALB.com, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

Fire scare hits kitchen for needy

Chef Marye Wright Chef Marye Wright
ALBANY, GA (WALB) -

A church had a fire scare as they were preparing a thanksgiving feast for those in need.

Marye Wright, a chef and member of Hines Memorial Christian Methodist Episcopal Church, called 911 after smoke filled the kitchen.

Wright said butter on the stove caused the alarms to go off and she called firefighters just to be safe.

"You always have to be safe in preparing foods at home, or wherever," said Wright. "And you can't have your temperatures too high or look away when you are preparing or go some place else."

There was no damage and lunch was still served on time.

Copyright 2014 WALB. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly