SYLVESTER, GA (WALB) - Worth County fire crews responded to a mobile home fire Sunday afternoon.
The Worth County Fire Department has confirmed that they responded to a mobile home fire around 1:45 p.m. Sunday afternoon.
It happened at Orchard Hill Estates, 1973 Highway 112 North, just three miles outside of Sylvester.
A woman and her grandson were cooking French Fries on her stove when the fire started in a single-wide mobile home. The woman and her grandson were able to make it out of the home, but the family pets were not able to escape, according to the Worth County Fire Department.
The owner of Orchard Hill Estates said the fire started from the grease fire igniting.
The heat and flames from the home caused another double-wide structure to have siding to melt, causing minor damages. The single-wide mobile home was a total loss.