Cooking oil may have sparked Tifton apartment fire - WALB.com, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

Cooking oil may have sparked Tifton apartment fire

TIFTON, GA (WALB) -

The Albany Fire department says cooking oil may be to blame for an overnight fire in Tifton that left an apartment complex damaged.

The Tifton Fire Department has confirmed that there was a fire at Crescent Ridge Apartments, 1301 Crescent Drive, around 3 a.m. Sunday morning.

The fire was sparked inside of the kitchen on the second floor. As crews were putting out the flames, the apartment underneath sustained water damage. 

No injuries were reported. No word on how many residents lived inside of the apartments. The fire remains under investigation.

Copyright 2014 WALB. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly