The Albany Fire department says cooking oil may be to blame for an overnight fire in Tifton that left an apartment complex damaged.
The Tifton Fire Department has confirmed that there was a fire at Crescent Ridge Apartments, 1301 Crescent Drive, around 3 a.m. Sunday morning.
The fire was sparked inside of the kitchen on the second floor. As crews were putting out the flames, the apartment underneath sustained water damage.
No injuries were reported. No word on how many residents lived inside of the apartments. The fire remains under investigation.
Copyright 2014 WALB. All rights reserved.
Valdosta Police and Paramedics responded to the 1500 block of Baytree Road just after 5:00 Wednesday afternoon, when a woman told 911 that a man attacked her with a knife.
Angel Thacker Freundschuh, 37, of Lee County, was sentenced to 12 months and a day in prison for perjury by U. S. District Court Judge Leslie J. Abrams in Albany, Wednesday.
Worth County Fire Rescue crews were called to the 500 block of Jewell Crowe Road for a structure fire, about 2:30 Wednesday afternoon.
As part of DNA week on Today in Georgia, WALB's Cade Fowler reveals his genetic findings and some tips on how to track down your ancestors.
Dougherty County Schools Superintendent Kenneth Dyer is preparing for his first school year in his new role.