BLAKELY, GA (WALB) - The Secretary of State said he can now focus on the elections after a lawsuit accusing his office of failing to process thousands of voter registration forms was dismissed.
Late Tuesday, a Fulton County judge threw out the suit by Third Sector Development and the New Georgia Project that claimed 40-thousand applications are missing or unprocessed.
Kemp said that's not true.
"It's a great ruling for us but really not only us but for the counties as well. We had said all along that all of the voter registration applications had been processed by the counties. That we had asked for this group to dismiss the lawsuit where these counties wouldn't have to fool with doing this and could get back to the work of running the election that we are right in the middle of right now," said Brian Kemp, Secretary of State.
Kemp said he is focused on conducting secure, fair and accessible elections.
He's being challenged by former Lithonia City Councilwoman Doreen Carter.