Neighbor hailed as hero he stops house fire - WALB.com, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

Neighbor hailed as hero he stops house fire

ALBANY, GA (WALB) - A neighbor is being hailed a hero after saving a home from catching on fire.

Albany firefighters responded to a smoke call at this apartment in the Quail Call Apartment complex this afternoon.

It was after the homeowner accidentally left a pot of food on the stove. Firefighters said a neighbors quick thinking saved the home from catching on fire.

"One of the neighbors actually went inside and found the pot and turned the stove off and brought the pot outside. We just used our power fans to ventilate the house and get some fresh air inside. We cleared the smoke out and turned the scene back over to the apartment manager,” said Battalion Chief Keith Ambrose, Albany fire.

No major damage was done to the home. No one was injured.

Copyright 2014 WALB. All rights reserved.
Powered by Frankly