Blaze consumes Valdosta taxidermy - WALB.com, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

Blaze consumes Valdosta taxidermy

VALDOSTA, GA (WALB) -

Firefighters are investigating a blaze that consumed a shed at 808 Northside Drive in Valdosta Thursday morning, where a taxidermy service was operated by the home's owner.

Police on the scene around 6:45 a.m. said the fire broke out around 3:45 a.m. inside the shed. Police said the owner woke up to find the shed up in flames and called 911.

"Upon arrival, fire personnel found a fully involved out building that was actually threatening a residence. Firefighters quickly put out the blaze," said Valdosta Fire Department Captain Jason Rowan. "[The] structure and components was around $125,000 dollars [in damage]."

The building is a total loss. No one was injured and Rowan said the probable cause was an electrical malfunction, though the fire department is continuing to investigate.

Copyright 2014 WALB. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly