Dryer catches fire, AFD puts it out - WALB.com, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

Dryer catches fire, AFD puts it out

ALBANY, GA (WALB) - A clothes dryer caught fire as it was in use this morning about 10:00 at a house on Joel Drive, off St. Andrews.

AFD officers pulled the machine outside, and sprayed it with water to extinguish the fire.

"It was easier to just take the dryer outside and extinguish it with a garden hose rather than try to pull a line in. And that's what they did. There is no structural damage to the house," said Battalion Chief Kelly Harcrow.

No one was hurt. Firefighters helped the homeowner clear smoke out of the home.



Copyright  2014 WALB.  All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly