Albany firefighters urge fire safety during cooking - WALB.com, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

Albany firefighters urge fire safety during cooking

ALBANY, GA (WALB) -   Albany Firefighters urge you to be careful when you cook after a rash of kitchen fires.

 About 10:30 Wednesday morning firefighters were called to Tabitha Ashberry's home in the 2000 block of Keystone Avenue in East Albany.  

 Neighbors spotted smoke coming from her home while she was at work.  

 Turkey legs left cooking started a fire on the stove that spread to the cabinets.  

"Pay attention to what you are doing," said Battalion Chief Matthew Jefferson.  "If you are going to turn on the stove, make sure you stay in the kitchen.  That's my policy.  I always stay in the kitchen.  If I'm cooking I stay in the kitchen."


 This was the second cooking fire Albany Firefighters responded to just Wednesday morning.  


Copyright 2014 WALB.  All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly