Fire sparks in vacant mobile home - WALB.com, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

Fire sparks in vacant mobile home

ALBANY, GA (WALB) -

Albany firefighters are investigating a vacant mobile home fire that sparked at a home on Flo Drive.

Investigators say people were staying in the home, but were about to move out after the power had been cut off.

Officials said the fire was suspicious.

"Due to talking to the owner, there [were] occupants, but they were on the verge of being evicted. So now we're trying to figure out who previously rented this [home]," said Albany Assistant Fire Chief Rubin Jordan.

The fire started in a bedroom and caused smoke damage throughout the home.

The cause remains under investigation.

Copyright 2014 WALB. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly