Firefighters respond to flames in kitchen in Albany - WALB.com, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

Firefighters respond to flames in kitchen in Albany

ALBANY, GA (WALB) -

Firefighters say a kitchen fire led to the evacuation of a home on Stuart Avenue in Albany early Friday evening.

It happened at 2308 Stuart Ave.

Crews at the scene said a fire started on the stove while someone was cooking.

Crews had to block the road near Nottingham Way for about 30 minutes. One lane was later opened to traffic.

No one was injured in the fire. The majority of the damage was contained to the kitchen.

Copyright 2014 WALB. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly