ASHBURN, GA (WALB) - ?
An early morning fire destroys an Ashburn home and displaces a family of four.
Fire broke out at a home on Industrial Boulevard around midnight. The homeowner says the fire started in the living room. He says it was an electrical fire. There were three people inside when the fire broke out, including two children. They used the back door to get out safely. Firefighters put out the flames, but the fire reignited a few hours later.
"They got it out and then it started back up about 5:00 a.m. this morning, then it was a total loss. It just burnt the front room at first, but then we left and got a room and we got a call about 5 o'clock saying that it had started back again," said Jason Walker, Homeowner.
Walker says he's glad no one was hurt. He says fire officials are still investigating the fire. You can help donate items to the Walker family by calling Jason Walker at 229-425-8129.