A 25-year-old man was killed overnight when a fire ripped through a Thomasville home.
The state says the cause was unattended food left cooking on the stove, and is ruled an accident, according to Glen Allen of the state Fire Safety Office.
Around 3:45, a neighbor spotted flames coming from a house in the 100 block of East Webster Street.
When firefighters got inside the home they found the body of Rodney Sewell.
Allen, an investigator with the state fire marshal's office, investigated the scene, and notified WALB of his findings about 9:00.
Copyright 2014 WALB. All rights reserved.
Sheriff Reggie Rachals said re-purposing SPLOST money to replace outdated cars was money well-spent.
Whatley Fountain used his birthday party to raise funds by having his friends bring money instead of birthday presents.
A business center in Albany wants to give South Georgia entrepreneurs the tools needed after launching a business.
On Monday, close to 100 people filled the streets of downtown Thomasville for a march in response to what the GBI said was a fatal deputy-involved shooting last week.
The efforts of a South Georgia Public Works employee after back-to-back storms earlier this year has gained state-wide attention.