Woman injured in roof collapse released from hospital
Chussey Evans, injured woman
ALBANY, GA (WALB) -
A woman injured in Friday night's roof collapse has been released from the hospital.
28-year-old Chussey Evans wears a neck brace after the living room ceiling of her Holloway Avenue home collapsed on top of her. The Albany Housing Authority came out to help clean up the damage in the kitchen and living room. Family members told us that a maintenance worker said a water unit in the attic malfunctioned and overflowed causing the roof to collapse.
"When it fell it knocked me down onto the chair and my husband and my stepfather had to lift the ceiling piece up off of me so I can get from under it and they helped me outside,” said Chussey Evans. “That's when the paramedics were called and they transported me to the hospital."
Evans says part of the ceiling in the living room collapsed five months ago and was repaired. Her computer, furniture and the family's clothing was damaged. The Albany Housing Authority has put the family in a hotel. You can help the Evans family by contacting them at 229-376-0038.
Copyright 2014 WALB. All rights reserved.
More WALB News10 HeadlinesMore News HeadlinesMore>>