Torch fire causes scare at Albany business - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

Torch fire causes scare at Albany business

Posted: Updated:
ALBANY, GA (WALB) -

A business fire caused by a small explosion caused a scare as a repair worker was working on an appliance in Albany.

It happened at Brown's Thrift Shop Appliance Repair Monday morning on Moultrie Road.

Albany firefighters responded after the incident where a worker said he was performing a repair on an appliance. He said he set aside a blow torch fed by an oxygen tank and a small explosion happened, igniting flames for a short period of time.

No one was injured in the incident.

Copyright 2014 WALB. All rights reserved.