A Lee County man is being treated for burns he suffered while trying to kill a snake in his yard Monday night.
Paramedics took the man to the hospital a little after 6:30 p.m. from his home in the Hidden Grove Subdivision in Smithville. Neighbors say he wrapped gauze around a stick, poured gasoline on it, and lit it on fire to try to burn the snake, but the flames ignited the gas can he was holding.
We're not sure how badly he was burned. Lee County public safety officials would not release his name Monday night. This is a developing story. Stay with WALB for more details.
Copyright 2014 WALB. All rights reserved.
More WALB News10 HeadlinesMore News HeadlinesMore>>