Douglas DQ grill catches fire - WALB.com, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

Douglas DQ grill catches fire

(DouglasNow.com) (DouglasNow.com)
DOUGLAS, GA (WALB) -  The Dairy Queen in Douglas closed after a grease fire flared up in their cooking appliances.

Douglas Fire Chief Timothy White says fire started on the grill at the Dairy Queen on South Peterson Avenue around 11:30 am Friday.

The fire went into the grease removal ventilation hood system.

The fire department quickly put out the grease fire.

Chief White says there was plenty of smoke and water damage, and the restaurant closed for cleanup.


Copyright  2014 WALB.  All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly