Walthourville city council member's home destroyed by fire - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

Walthourville city council member's home destroyed by fire

Posted: Updated:
(Source: Lewis Levine) (Source: Lewis Levine)
WALTHOURVILLE, GA (WTOC) -

A home belonging to a Walthourville city council member was destroyed in a house fire early Wednesday morning.

Officials say the home of Mayor Pro Tem Patricia Green caught fire on Carter Rd. The fire was reported to 911 around 1:30 a.m.

According to the fire chief, the fire appears to have originated from a circuit breaker inside the house.

The fire was spotted by a neighbor after they noticed flickering lights coming from a window. The neighbor originally thought it was a brush fire, but when they went to investigate, they discovered the rear of the home was in the flames.

The home was destroyed.

Green was not home at the time. According to officials, she and her family are currently on vacation. 

The fire remains under investigation. 

Copyright 2014 WTOC. All rights reserved.