Two Albany businesses evacuated following fire - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

Two Albany businesses evacuated following fire

Posted: Updated:
ALBANY, GA (WALB) - Two Albany businesses were forced to evacuate Friday night due to fires.

Firefighters said a dryer caught fire at Keri's Laundromat on Dawson Road around 7:10 p.m. The dryer blew flames through the roof and smoke poured into El Rancho restaurant next door. Both businesses had to be evacuated. Firefighters say lint in the dryer caused the blaze.

"It's very important that where your lint filters are, make sure they are good and clean," said Albany Fire Department Battalion Chief Keith Ambrose. "Dryer lint is highly combustible."

No injuries were reported. El Rancho reopened after the smoke cleared. The laundromat closed for the night.

Copyright 2014 WALB.  All rights reserved.