Coroner: Albany man electrocuted -, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

Coroner: Albany man electrocuted

An Albany man was electrocuted last night while working on a home appliance.

The identity of the man will be withheld until the next of kin is notified.\

He lived on West Second Avenue and neighbors say he lived there alone.

One local electrician says the most important thing to remember when working on appliances is to make sure the power is turned off.

"Most important thing to do is before you work on any electrical appliance be sure to unplug the appliance if you can. If it's a wired appliance then you need to be sure that the breaker is turned off and that there's no electricity going to the appliance," says Matthew Bulloch at Bulloch electric.

Bulloch says calling an electrician is the best thing to do instead of trying to do it yourself.

Copyright 2014 WALB.  All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly