Albany store evacuated after car catches fire - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

Albany store evacuated after car catches fire

Posted: Updated:
Mytrice Hawkins Mytrice Hawkins
      A  South Albany store was shut down Wednesday by a car fire in the parking lot.     Mytrice Hawkins was driving on Martin Luther King Drive about 6 p.m. when her car started smoking.

     She pulled into the Dollar General parking lot and her car burst into flames. 

     A good Samaritan named Tommy Jackson stopped and helped her.

    “We thought it would explode, but I have no idea why it started smoking,” said Hawkins.

     The store was evacuated and closed because smoke blew inside.

Copyright  2014 WALB.  All rights reserved.