AFD: South Albany house fire blamed on electricity - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

AFD: South Albany house fire blamed on electricity

Posted: Updated:
  • More WALB News10 HeadlinesMore News HeadlinesMore>>

  • Southern Veneer catches fire

    Southern Veneer catches fire

    Wednesday, July 23 2014 4:30 PM EDT2014-07-23 20:30:03 GMT
    A company that makes wood products in Fitzgerald sustained a fire earlier today. Amy Taylor Chief Financial Officer from Southern Veneer says started around 2:30p.m. in the roof above the dryers.More >>
    A company that makes wood products in Fitzgerald sustained a fire earlier today. Amy Taylor Chief Financial Officer from Southern Veneer says started around 2:30p.m. in the roof above the dryers.More >>
  • Residents on alert for kids in cars

    Residents on alert for kids in cars

    Wednesday, July 23 2014 4:22 PM EDT2014-07-23 20:22:40 GMT
    Tuesday night, they got a call from someone in the Harvey's parking lot who said a baby was left in a car. Officials say when they got there the car was gone, the woman then drove to the sheriff's office with the baby, which was OK.More >>
    Tuesday night, they got a call from someone in the Harvey's parking lot who said a baby was left in a car. Officials say when they got there the car was gone, the woman then drove to the sheriff's office with the baby, which was OK.More >>
  • Thief breaks into locked car

    Thief breaks into locked car

    Wednesday, July 23 2014 4:15 PM EDT2014-07-23 20:15:19 GMT
    Car break-ins continue to be a major problem all across south Georgia. One victim in Americus is worried about how crooks got in his car, even though it was locked.More >>
    Car break-ins continue to be a major problem all across south Georgia. One victim in Americus is worried about how crooks got in his car, even though it was locked.More >>
Albany firefighters battled a fire in South Albany at a home on Astoria Drive. 

They say the fire ignited around noon Wednesday.

Officials say the cause was an electrical short in the washing machine.

Crews were able to get everyone out of the home.

Copyright 2014 WALB.  All rights reserved.