Albany house fire cause may be electrical - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

Albany house fire cause may be electrical

Posted: Updated:
  • More WALB News10 HeadlinesMore News HeadlinesMore>>

  • Second Harvest providing school supplies to South Georgia teachers

    Second Harvest providing school supplies to South Georgia teachers

    Wednesday, July 30 2014 3:29 PM EDT2014-07-30 19:29:16 GMT
    The food bank is holding it's "Teachers Harvest" kick off event until 4 p.m. Thursday, which provides school supplies like pencils and notebook paper to teachers for free.More >>
    The food bank is holding it's "Teachers Harvest" kick off event until 4 p.m. Thursday, which provides school supplies like pencils and notebook paper to teachers for free.More >>
  • Taser training provided to officers

    Taser training provided to officers

    Wednesday, July 30 2014 3:27 PM EDT2014-07-30 19:27:01 GMT

    The officers and deputies were taught how to safely train their departments officers in the safe and effective use of Tasers. Once they have completed and passed the two day course, these officers will return and teach their fellow officers.

    More >>

    The officers and deputies were taught how to safely train their departments officers in the safe and effective use of Tasers. Once they have completed and passed the two day course, these officers will return and teach their fellow officers.

    More >>
  • Trial in salmonella outbreak could exceed 2 months

    Trial in salmonella outbreak could exceed 2 months

    Wednesday, July 30 2014 3:18 PM EDT2014-07-30 19:18:02 GMT
    Sign at the Peanut Corporation of AmericaSign at the Peanut Corporation of America
    The trial of three people charged in a deadly salmonella outbreak linked to a peanut plant in Georgia could last for at least two months.More >>
    The trial of three people charged in a deadly salmonella outbreak linked to a peanut plant in Georgia could last for at least two months.More >>
Firefighters are investigating a fire that broke out at a home on Van Buren Street late Monday afternoon.

It happened around 6:20 p.m. Officials said they believe an electric socket caught fire and started it all. Crews were able to put out the flames shortly after they arrived.

There were no immediate reports of injuries.

Copyright 2014 WALB.  All rights reserved.