Man's car catches fire in his driveway -, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

Man's car catches fire in his driveway

ALBANY, GA (WALB) - A close call after a man's SUV suddenly catches fire outside his Albany home.

Fire officials say the owner was having some problems with the engine's battery, and jumped it, and went to town.

After he came home, he went inside, and came back out to see heavy smoke coming from the engine.

Battalion Chief Kelly Harcrow says there may have been an electrical issue. Fire fighters were able to extinguish the fire before it did any damage to the home.

“He said he had just had it washed and waxed and he enjoyed it and it was paid for and he hates that he lost it but no one was hurt and no real damage to the house or anything so it could have been a lot worse,” says Battalion Chief Kelly Harcrow.

The SUV was a 1998 Ford Expedition. The owner plans to contact his insurance company.

Copyright 2014 WALB.  All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly