House fire displaces couple - WALB.com, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

House fire displaces couple

House fire displaces couple

FITZGERALD, GA (WALB) - A husband and wife are displaced from their home after it caught fire in Fitzgerald this week.

The home on Main St. caught fire Wednesday evening around 7 p.m.

Fire fighters are still investigating what happened but say the fire started on the second floor in the back of the house. 

The Fitzgerald and Ben Hill County fire departments worked for five hours to extinguish the blaze.

No one was injured, but the couple lost everything. 

The Albany Branch of the Red Cross is providing assistance.

Copyright 2014 WALB.  All rights reserved.

 
  • More WALB News10 HeadlinesMore News HeadlinesMore>>

  • The Latest: Irma weakens into a tropical depression

    The Latest: Irma weakens into a tropical depression

    Monday, September 11 2017 3:27 AM EDT2017-09-11 07:27:29 GMT
    Tuesday, September 12 2017 2:42 AM EDT2017-09-12 06:42:09 GMT
    Irma weakened to a Category 1 storm as the massive hurricane zeroed in on the Tampa Bay region early Monday after hammering much of Florida with roof-ripping winds, gushing floodwaters and widespread power outages.More >>
    Irma weakened to a Category 1 storm as the massive hurricane zeroed in on the Tampa Bay region early Monday after hammering much of Florida with roof-ripping winds, gushing floodwaters and widespread power outages.More >>
  • UPDATE: Victims of Lee Co. fire identified

    UPDATE: Victims of Lee Co. fire identified

    Friday, September 22 2017 2:32 PM EDT2017-09-22 18:32:15 GMT

    Lee County Fire Chief David Forrester said there were two people in the home, and they saw one person in the front yard.  Two people in the home were transported to Phoebe Putney.

    More >>

    Lee County Fire Chief David Forrester said there were two people in the home, and they saw one person in the front yard.  Two people in the home were transported to Phoebe Putney.

    More >>
  • Rodent renders Bainbridge powerless

    Rodent renders Bainbridge powerless

    Friday, September 22 2017 12:16 PM EDT2017-09-22 16:16:54 GMT
    (Source: WALB)(Source: WALB)

    A city-wide power outage left Bainbridge without power when a squirrel got into the substation and tripped breakers. 

    More >>

    A city-wide power outage left Bainbridge without power when a squirrel got into the substation and tripped breakers. 

    More >>
Powered by Frankly