Stove sparks Doerun duplex fire - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

Stove sparks Doerun duplex fire

Posted: Updated:
  • More WALB News10 HeadlinesMore News HeadlinesMore>>

  • Wanted woman found under a bed

    Wanted woman found under a bed

    Friday, August 29 2014 9:56 AM EDT2014-08-29 13:56:32 GMT
    APD reports that officers got a tip that a wanted person was “hiding out” at 708 North Jackson Street. Offices went to that location and confirmed the suspect was there. They said they found Wanda Harris hiding under a bed and arrested her, then notified DCP.More >>
    APD reports that officers got a tip that a wanted person was “hiding out” at 708 North Jackson Street. Offices went to that location and confirmed the suspect was there. They said they found Wanda Harris hiding under a bed and arrested her, then notified DCP.More >>
  • Take care on the water this weekend

    Take care on the water this weekend

    Friday, August 29 2014 8:52 AM EDT2014-08-29 12:52:39 GMT
    The Department of Natural Resources law enforcement division says its rangers will be busy making sure boaters follow the rules and stay sober and safe while operating boats over the long weekend.More >>
    The Department of Natural Resources law enforcement division says its rangers will be busy making sure boaters follow the rules and stay sober and safe while operating boats over the long weekend.More >>
  • High mercury levels harmful to babies

    High mercury levels harmful to babies

    Friday, August 29 2014 6:02 AM EDT2014-08-29 10:02:09 GMT
    Guidelines regarding fish consumption has been released by the Food and Drug Administration for women who are pregnant, trying to become pregnant and children. Their research shows eating certain types of fish containing extreme levels of mercury can negatively affect neurodevelopment in growing babies.More >>
    Guidelines regarding fish consumption has been released by the Food and Drug Administration for women who are pregnant, trying to become pregnant and children. Their research shows eating certain types of fish containing extreme levels of mercury can negatively affect neurodevelopment in growing babies.More >>
DOERUN, GA (WALB) -

We now know what sparked a Doerun duplex fire this week that left two people homeless.       

Fire officials believe food that was left on a hot stove in apartment 709 sparked the flames.      They then quickly spread to the neighboring apartment.     

When firefighters responded around 11:00 Tuesday night, they say they found a woman spraying the fire with a water hose.         

Fire officials say it took about 35 minutes to bring the fire under control.  Both units are a complete loss.     

Red Cross has assisted the two residents displaced by the fire.

 

Copyright 2014 WALB.  All rights reserved.