Stove sparks Doerun duplex fire - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

Stove sparks Doerun duplex fire

Posted: Updated:
DOERUN, GA (WALB) -

We now know what sparked a Doerun duplex fire this week that left two people homeless.       

Fire officials believe food that was left on a hot stove in apartment 709 sparked the flames.      They then quickly spread to the neighboring apartment.     

When firefighters responded around 11:00 Tuesday night, they say they found a woman spraying the fire with a water hose.         

Fire officials say it took about 35 minutes to bring the fire under control.  Both units are a complete loss.     

Red Cross has assisted the two residents displaced by the fire.

 

Copyright 2014 WALB.  All rights reserved.